What Technology is?
Technology
Technology is a science or kowledge that puts into practical use the solving problems or the invetation of useful tools.
Some examples of technology are:
Apps
Social media
Smartphones
Computers
Televisions
Websites
Courses online
Truly Integrating Technology into English Language
Tech should
not run alongside lesson plans but compliment or even enhance them. Here’s what
we feel the Techno Hubs and technology-based lessons have contributed.
Motivation in Learning
Technology plays a massive part in day to day life for so many of us, which only asserts the use of technology in English language teaching and learning.Education Anywhere
More than just a Wi-Fi code, having access to technology in education will play a big part in its success. Again, this counts both inside and outside of the classroom. Learning materials are now so much more than simply reading from a textbook, extending now to tablets and smartphones.Providing Context for the English Language
For our
students, practicing English outside of a lesson offers exposure to English
culture, and so context around what they are learning. Opportunities to
practice English in a real-life setting are far more readily available. This
can be from news sites, through social media, or visit online forums. All of which provide a variety of
language use that is difficult to replicate in the classroom.
Use of Technology in ESL Teaching
During my first years of teaching, I
realized I lacked the classroom management skills which I should have gained
during my undergraduate program, where I had learned about all the greatest
theories and knowledge to write a thesis on language learning rather than the
practicality needed for real life situations in class.
As they say “If it doesn’t challenge you,
it can’t change you”, I started to become more aware of my weaknesses and
strengths dealing with the classroom problems and tried to act with more wisdom
and sympathy towards my students. The more respect I’ve earned, the more
patient and competent I’ve become.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario